Friday 19 August 2022

Landart at Elsecar Park!

We love working with esteemed Land artist, James Brunt and so we joined forces with him once again to create some Land Art at Elsecar Park!

It was a glorious day for it with the sun beating down on us! Seeking out the shade we ventured under the tree’s and foraged for leaves, twigs and feathers to get to work on our group piece.


Speaking of the event, UPLIFTER's reported:

"It’s been invigorating. It's nice to chat with people, to be back outside. It’s made me feel calmer than I was. In the last couple of days I’ve been here, there and everywhere but coming out here has made me calm down and that’s down to the activity, the environment and being amongst friends."

"I wasn’t sure what to expect but I’ve really enjoyed it. I quite enjoyed just foraging and seeing it come to life."
"It’s been very interesting, we got to use lots of different materials, there’s quite a lot to pick from here, it’s a beautiful place. It’s definitely had a positive impact on my wellbeing, I feel a lot better than I did this morning."

"I like that this is an organised activity, left to my own devices I would probably stay at home all day. They say that coming into nature is good for you so I’m sure it will do me good. I feel it has had a positive impact on my mood today."


Working up an appetite we then made our way across to the delightful Pantry Café at Elsecar Heritage Centre for an alfresco cuppa and cake. 

With great weather, great company, creativity and cake, we can't think of a better way to spend a Monday afternoon! What a treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment